AM Maltaccelerate Limited (AMM) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy statement illustrates how AMM treats your personal information when you use this site. By using this website and submitting any personal information, you agree to the use by IBSE of such data in accordance with this privacy statement.
1. Who We Are?
AM Maltaccelerate Limited (hereinafter referred to as “AMM”) is a startups' acceleration firm providing advisory, coaching and mentoring services to local and international startups. AMM operates a general informational website regarding such services offered. With regards to handling of data, our website includes the Contact Us function to ask a question or inquire about our services. Persons having interest in obtaining more information on our practices or otherwise can send an email to boost@maltaccelerate,com. We respect the privacy of individuals, and we are committed to protect the information of anybody who visits our website.
2. What data do We collect?
This Policy applies to data collected from:
- People who send a message via our website contact form
- People who request to receive offers or proposals or information from AMM
- People who use our Services
- Collaborators, Partners and Suppliers
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), personal data is any information which is related to an identified or identifiable natural person, whether directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name and any location information, and to an online identifier, such as for instance, name, an identification number, and e-mail address (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
We collect the following Personal Data:
Personal Data that You might provide to Us when You:
- contact Us to ask a question or inquire about our services,
- send Us a request for information,
- engage Us for any service,
- agree to become a collaborator, partner or supplier.
Personal Data We collect automatically:
When sending Us a query via the contact form, “Contact” page of Our website, AMM collect the following data:
- Company name
- Company Address
- Email address
Personal Data collected from third-party sources:
In order to optimize the services We provide, We have agreements with third-party suppliers and service providers. We may obtain Personal Data about You from third parties, including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics: This is a third-party tool by Google Inc that helps gather data. Google Analytics offers an opt-out option (add-on required). This tool allows Us to understand more about our visitor; for example, information such as the website visitor’s location and device used, including information on the visitor’s demographic.
- Google Ads: This third-party tool carries out similar functionalities to Google Analytics however it is limited to the tracking of ads shown to the user.
We require that any third parties providing information has obtained such information lawfully and that the third party has obtained the appropriate consent to share the information. We work hard to ensure that data collected from third parties is lawfully obtained, stored and shared, however we are not in a position to ascertain this in full, hence we shall not be deemed responsible for any breach carried out by our third parties data providers, whether listed above or otherwise.
USE OF DATA
When a visitor provides personal information to AMM, We use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection).
Our website does not collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected. Users can request that we delete that data.
3. How We use your data?
In line with the principle of data minimization and data economy, we only collect personal data and process it on the following legal basis:
- To contact You, to respond to your queries, complaints or questions.
- To operate the AMM website, ensuring security and integrity, to enforce our agreements and policies.
- To carry out our contractual obligations, if any, with You and provide You with the best service possible.
- For legitimate interest, primarily to ensure apt performance of the website for the desired end user experience.
We endeavour not to collect additional Personal Data or use the Personal Data we have collected for different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without asking for your consent. We ensure the maximum level of safety and adopt high security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized distribution of data.
5. Who has access to your data?
We do not share your Personal Data with any third party or entity apart from AMM. AMM employees and owners of the AMM website may have access to your data should this be required. Moreover, owners might share your data during business enlargement, consolidation or bankruptcy.
We may share your Personal Data with collaborators and suppliers who share our standards and commit to our level of privacy policies and practices where this would be necessary for the performance of an agreement entered into between You and Us, which involves an area of specialisation which the collaborator or supplier is providing in order to deliver the agreed service to You and fulfil the agreement entered into between You and Us. The sharing therefore of your Personal Data in such a circumstance would be necessary for the performance of such an agreement between You and Us, in terms of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, as explained above.
Legal Requirements – We might be asked by law enforcement agencies to disclose your Personal Data for the establishing of any legal or litigious right by the competent authorities, in cases of evident mala fides from Your end. Your request – As per the GDPR – in the event that You decide to access Your right to data portability, we have no option but to transfer Your Personal Data accordingly.
6. How We store Your data
We maintain state of the art data protection practices when it comes to securing Your Personal Data in order to protect it. We use commercially available physical and technical safeguards which have been designed to secure Your Personal Data from loss, or unauthorized access or use. This notwithstanding, We are aware that despite we take all the measures which are feasibly available to Us, there might be rare instances of data loss or damage due to accidents which are beyond our control. No method of transmitting data over the internet can be classified as without risk.
Any transmission of Personal Data is done at Your own risk and We cannot guarantee that such Personal Data may not be accessed, disclosed or altered by unauthorized persons. Additionally, We herein outline programmes and systems We use in our collection, processing and storing of data:
- Our website is managed adopting the latest online security technology by our provider Ionos Ltd;
- Certain personal data, such as an IP address, is transmitted to “Google”. This is primarily done in order to comply with the necessary appropriate technical and organisation safeguards required to be implemented in terms of the GDPR;
7. Data Retention
In light of the GDPR provisions, We keep Personal Data as long as necessary in order to keep up with our legal obligations. Therefore, unless you explicitly request to have Your Personal Data deleted as per the below, We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is needed to rectify any concern or query for which the data was relayed to us. Notwithstanding the above, Personal Data collected might be kept for an additional period as may be required for legal or tax reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
8. Your Rights
Every user is entitled to the following:
The Right to Access Your Persona Data - You have the right to request for copies of Personal Data which has been collected concerning Yourself. This right should not adversely affect the rights or freedoms or others, including intellectual property rights, trade secrets or software copyright held by Us.
The Right to Rectification - You have the right to request that without unjust delay We correct any information You relayed to Us, which You believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete information which You have relayed to us which You believe is incomplete, by providing a supplementary statement.
The Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of Your Personal Data without undue delay and We shall erase such Personal Data as considerably soon as possible when one of the following grounds apply:
- The Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or processed
- You withdraw consent on which processing is based or there is no longer a legal ground for the processing;
- You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- The processing was unlawful.
The above right shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
9. Cross-Border Transfer of Data
AMM takes into consideration the necessary cross-border nature of data utilisation across computer systems and the world wide web.
Intra-Group Transfers of Data Within the EU/EEA
Transfers Outside the EU/EEA
Personal Data we collect from You is collected, stored or processed within the EU/EEA. We may work with providers which are located outside the EU/EEA. However, we endeavour to transfer data to such providers following adoption of the adequate safeguards. Such appropriate safeguards include contractual arrangements, and Confidentiality Agreements.